PEDIATRIC HAEMATOLOGY-ONCOLOGY AND BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT UNIT
It is a Joint collaborative project between Dr Akbar Niazi Teaching Hospital (ANTH) and Cure2Children Foundation’ (C2C) Italy.
Ms. Saira Afzal Tarar, Federal Minister National Health Services, Regulations & Co-ordination Inaugurating the Peadiatric Haematology-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT). She says, Dr. Akbar Niazi Teaching hospital is a pride for government of Pakistan. I believe ANTH will share the burden of government in health sector. ANTH is translating the government vision exactly. Together we can make difference.
Cure2Children Foundation (C2C), Italy is an international not-for-profit organization, registered with Ministry of Interior and Economic Affair Division, Government of Pakistan vide letter No.4/99/2016-PE-III dated 15th August 2017, Ministry of Interior. C2C aims to ensure that local medical centers in developing countries should be available to offer an affordable and reliable cure to children in their community suffering from cancer and severe blood disorders.
Dr. Lawrence Faulkner is the Medical Coordinator of C2C and also Medical Director of BMT Unit. He is;
- Fellow Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York-USA, Diplomat American Board of Pediatrics, JACIE inspector.
- Working experience of 27 years in the field of Pediatric Hematology- oncology and BMT in various countries such as USA and Italy.
- Since last 10 years as Medical Coordinator of Cure2Children Foundation has established Pediatric oncology and Bone marrow transplant network in developing countries.
Peadiatric Haematology-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT) consist of highly professional team.
- PROF. KHALID HASSAN - MEDICAL CO-DIRECTOR OF BMT UNIT
- DR. ALIYA BATOOL - CONSULTANT HEMATOLOGY
- DR. NAGHMI ASIF - CONSULTANT HEMATOLOGIST & INCHARGE BLOODBANK
- DR. SARAH GILANI - PEDIATRIC CONSULTANT
- DR. SADAF KHALID - PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
- MISS AZRA SHAHEEN - NURSING COODINATOR
- MISS FAUZIA - OFFICE COODINATOR
- MISS FAIZA SHAUKAT - PATIENT COODINATOR
- Team of Nurses
ANTH-C2C BMT unit has dedicated in-patient ward of 6 room for management during BMT which are separated by double doors. They are isolated, well sealed, easy to clean rooms with self-closing doors without attached washrooms. This unit also has;
- BMT Office
- Outdoor or daycare facility
- Consultation room
- Meeting room with Multimedia facility
- 6 indoor rooms
- Nursing station